All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTen years after the fall of Babylon, Cyrus's army is on the march again. His slave Croesus, longer a young man, accompanies him as always, as does the king's son and heir Cambyses, who has inherited ne of his father's diplomacy or charisma and all of his vanity and violence. When the warriors of Persia are unexpectedly crushed in battle Cyrus is put to death, and Cambyses assumes the throne. Croesus, once a king himself, is called upon to guide the young man; but the young man cant be guided, and after taking offence at an insult by an Egyptian ruler, Cambyses takes the full force of his father's empire to Africa for bloody and brutal vengeance...
- Author BiographyTim Leach is a graduate of the MA writing course at Warwick University, where he has also taught creative writing on the under-graduate programme. His first novel, The Last King of Lydia, was shortlisted for the Dylan Thomas Prize 2013. He lives in Sheffield.
- Author(s)Tim Leach
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight211 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.