All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Tanzania to Portugal, from India to Iraq, The Kingdom and After charts the 21st-century imaginative echo of empire and displacement in our current moment of terror and globalization. Sometimes written in frank, shrunken lines and other times exploding with surrealist, jurassic imagery, the poems witness an associative mind leaping from bone temples in Tanga to the pumiced surface of extraterrestrial oceans, from a panic attack in Mumbai to the tumbling spirits of the Big Sur coastline. These poems articulate a complex portrait of female sexuality and personhood. Not only excavating the legacy of empire with philosophical rigor, the speaker also dwells in humiliation and wonder, accusation and regret, while trying to envision what indeed remains after the era of kingdoms and kinghood.
- Author BiographyMegan Fernandes is a Canadian-American poet and academic. She is the poetry editor of Strangers in Paris and the author of the poetry chapbooks Organ Speech and Some Citrus Makes Me Blue. Her work has been published in Boston Review, Guernica, Memorious, Rattle, Black Lawrence Press, Cosmonauts Avenue, Redivider, Upstairs at Duroc, and the California Journal of Poetics. She earned her PhD in English from the University of California-Santa Barbara and her MFA in poetry from Boston University, USA. She is a visiting assistant professor of English at Concordia University in Montreal, Canada.
- Author(s)Megan Fernandes
- PublisherTightrope Books
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTightrope Books
- Weight525 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.