All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.59
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $30.06Trending at AU $31.27
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $29.97Trending at AU $38.59
About this product
- Description<strong>The maestro storyteller and reporter provocatively argues that what we think we kw about speech and human evolution is wrong.</strong><b> Tom Wolfe, whose legend began in journalism, takes us on an eye-opening journey that is sure to arouse widespread debate. THE KINGDOM OF SPEECH is a captivating, paradigm-shifting argument that speech--t evolution--is responsible for humanity's complex societies and achievements. From Alfred Russel Wallace, the Englishman who beat Darwin to the theory of natural selection but later reunced it, and through the controversial work of modern-day anthropologist Daniel Everett, who defies the current wisdom that language is hard-wired in humans, Wolfe examines the solemn, long-faced, laugh-out-loud zig-zags of Darwinism, old and Neo, and finds it irrelevant here in the Kingdom of Speech.
- Author BiographyTom Wolfe is the author of more than a dozen books, among them <em>The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, The Right Stuff, The Bonfire of the Vanities, A Man in Full, I Am Charlotte Simmons, </em> and <em>Back to Blood</em>. A native of Richmond, Virginia, he earned his B.A. at Washington and Lee University and a Ph.D. in American Studies at Yale. He received the National Book Foundation's 2010 Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Tom Wolfe
- PublisherLittle Brown and Company
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Brown and Company
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read byRobert Petkoff
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time270
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.