Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe private terrace of the Hotel Grand Bretagne, at Tangier, was shaded by a great awning of red and green and yellow, and strewn with colored mats, and plants in pots, and wicker chairs. It reached out from the Kings apartments into the Garden of Palms, and was hidden by them on two sides, and showed from the third the blue waters of the Mediterranean and the great shadow of Gibraltar in the distance. The Sultan of Morocco had given orders from Fez that the King of Messina, in spite of his incognito, should be treated during his stay in Tangier with the conside-ration due to his rank, so one-half of the Hotel Grand Bretagne had been set aside for him and his suite, and two soldiers of the Bashaw's Guard sat outside of his door with drawn swords. They were answerable with their heads for the life and safety of the Sultan's guest, and as they could speak language but their own, they made a visit to his Majesty more a matter of adventure than of etiquette.
- Author(s)Richard Harding Davis
- Publisher1st World Library
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprint1st World Library
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited by1stworld Library
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.