All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an ecomic analysis of the Kipper und Wipper inflation of 1619-23, the most serious German inflation before the hyperinflation following World War I, with a particular focus on how it affected people's lives and behavior. The volume features full-page reproductions of rare contemporary broadsheets-early forerunners of the modern newspaper-with striking illustrations and engaging texts. Published here in their entirety and for the first time in superb English translation, they are a unique window on society at the time and give a voice to the people who were actually devastated by the inflation.
- Author BiographyMartha White Paas is Wadsworth A. Williams Professor of Economics and John Roger Paas is professor of German at Carleton College. George C. Schoolfield is professor emeritus of Scandinavian and Germanic languages and literatures at Yale University.
- Author(s)Martha White Paas
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleYale Series in Economic and Financial History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note27 b-w plates, one map
- Weight793 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byGeorge C. Schoolfield
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.