All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionBased on Psalm 91:1-2. Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him. Oliver may be a brave and ble knight by day, but he is terrified of the dark by night until a wise old firefly helps him understand that God's Word is our light. In this Scripture adventure, kids join Oliver as he hides under an eagle's wings, is hoisted onto the shoulders of a strong angel, tramples poisous snakes, and even rides the back of a mighty lion. Through it all, Sir Oliver learns that God always protects His children and that we are never alone, even when it is dark outside. The first book in the Firefly Chronicle series brings entire sections of Scripture to life via imaginative, fantastical stories that use a passage from Psalms to help children understand and applly biblical truths to their lives. Each book in the series will depict Oliver wearing a different costume as he imagines and adventures his way through God's Word with the help of Phineas, the firefly. The series will address the felt needs of children ages 4 to 8 including courage, confidence, friendship and more with biblical truths about God.
- Author BiographyAmanda Jenkins is passionate about communicating biblical truths to kids in a way they can understand and connect with. Amanda lives just outside of Chicago with her husband, Dallas, and their four young children. She is also the daughter-in-law of Jerry B. Jenkins, author of the best-selling Left Behind series.Tara McClary Reeves is the author of Don t Tell That to Beasley and one of her joys and privileges as a parent is daily pointing her two teens and toddler to Jesus. She is thrilled Amanda Jenkins agreed to join her on The Knight and the Firefly and is prayerful their collaboration will equip parents and children to focus and depend upon the Lord. Tara and her husband, Lee, live in Davidson, North Carolina with their 13-year-old twins, Caroline and Daniel, and 14-month-old bonus baby, Harrison. She blogs atwww.rememberyourraisin.com.Daniel Fernandez was born in Santiago de Chile, and has lived in Germany since the age of five. He has worked as Creative Director, Art Director, illustrator, designer, Head of Art and worked for many advertising agencies and Publishing Editorials in Chile, The United States, Germany, Denmark and Italy. He has published over 30 titles. He has won awards for creativity and art direction: Cannes, New york Festivals, Big Amauta, International Echo Awards Grand prix, Big Idea Ogilvy, Grafica el Mercurio, Effie Awards, Fiap.
- Author(s)Amanda Jenkins,Tara Reeves
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleFirefly Chronicles
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight204 g
- Width203 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Daniel Fernandez
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.