All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are there so many gaps between what firms kw they should do and what they actually do? Why do so many companies fail to implement the experience and insight they've worked so hard to acquire? The Kwing-Doing Gap is the first book to confront the challenge of turning kwledge about how to improve performance into actions that produce measurable results. Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert Sutton, well-kwn authors and teachers, identify the causes of the kwing-doing gap and explain how to close it. The message is clear--firms that turn kwledge into action avoid the smart talk trap. Executives must use plans, analysis, meetings, and presentations to inspire deeds, t as substitutes for action. Companies that act on their kwledge also eliminate fear, abolish destructive internal competition, measure what matters, and promote leaders who understand the work people do in their firms. The authors use examples from dozens of firms that show how some overcome the kwing-doing gap, why others try but fail, and how still others avoid the gap in the first place. The Kwing-Doing Gap is sure to resonate with executives everywhere who struggle daily to make their firms both kw and do what they kw. It is a refreshingly candid, useful, and realistic guide for improving performance in today's business.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Pfeffer is the Thomas D. Dee Professor of Organizational Behavior at Stanford Graduate School of Business and the author of The Human Equation (HBS Press).
- Author(s)Jeffrey Pfeffer,Robert I. Sutton
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.