All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for students of all levels, this book provides a general description of the Korean language by highlighting important structural aspects whilst keeping technical details to a minimum. By examining the Korean language in its geographical, historical, social and cultural context the reader is able to gain a good understanding of its speakers and the environment in which it is used. The book covers a range of topics on Korean including its genetic affiliation, historical development, sound patterns, writing systems, vocabulary, grammar and discourse. The text is designed to be accessible, primarily to English-speaking learners of Korean and scholars working in disciplines other than linguistics, as well as serving as a useful introduction for general linguists. The book complements Korean language textbooks used in the classroom and will be welcomed t only by readers with a wider interest in Korean studies, but also by Asian specialists in general.
- Author BiographyJae Jung Song teaches linguistics at the University of Otago, New Zealand. He has contributed to international journals including Lingua, Linguistics and Oceanic Linguistics. He is the author of Causatives and Causation (1996) and Linguistic Typology: Morphology and Syntax (2001).
- Author(s)Jae Jung Song
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.