Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionWith a foreword by Noam Chomsky, this is the most up-to-date critical analysis of the problems faced by the Kurds in Turkey. Turkey has a long history of human rights abuses against its Kurdish population - a population that stretches into millions. This human rights record is one of the main stumbling blocks in Turkey's efforts to join the EU. The Kurds are denied many basic rights, including the right to learn or broadcast in their own language. This book, written by a leading human rights defender, provides a comprehensive account of the key issues w facing the Kurds, and the prospects for Turkey joining the EU. Kerim Yildiz outlines the background to the current situation and explores a range of issues including civil, cultural and political rights, mirity rights, internal displacement, and the international community's obligations regarding Turkey.
- Author BiographyKerim Yildiz is the Chief Executive of the Kurdish Human Rights Project, an innovative London-based human rights organisation that strategically challenges legislation and practices in order to secure redress for survivors of human rights violations and to prevent future abuses. A Kurd and former refugee from political persecution, he has written and spoken extensively on issues of human rights, minority rights and international law.
- Author(s)Kerim Yildiz
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight413 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byNoam Chomsky
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.