All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn September 2014, the Kurdish Syrian city of Kobane was subjected to a massive attack by fighters of the movement Islamic State (IS). As a result, the plight of the Kurds of Syria became kwn around the world. Less well-kwn, however, is their struggle before these dramatic and violent events. This struggle was mostly aimed at having their voices heard on the political stage and having equitable access to both ecomic and political resources. This examination of Kurdish politics in Syria therefore concentrates on the Syrian-Kurdish political parties, which despite state sanctions, have attempted to promote their political agendas and to bring about change for the approximately 3 million Kurds that reside in the country. The Kurds of Syria explores the fundamental issues of mirity identity and the concept of being 'stateless' in a turbulent region, making it vital for all those researching the politics of the modern Middle East.
- Author BiographyHarriet Allsopp holds a PhD in Politics from Birkbeck, University of London. She is an expert on the Kurds of Syria and contributes analysis to private consultancies and governmental departments.
- Author(s)Harriet Allsopp
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication31/05/2015
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.