All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionIf it takes only a few rogue financiers to collapse the ecomy, can one earnest investment officer save the dollar from collapse? Ken Murai, the protagonist of this fast-paced vel by Michael S. Koyama, is a young officer in the Japanese ministry of finance who one day discovers a plot by one of his superiors to organize a group, kwn as the Kyoto List, of corrupt officials, bankers, businessmen, and journalists from the United States, Europe, and Asia. The List plans to wreck the world's financial system - and grab ermous wealth for itself in the process. This exhilarating vel of high finance was written by an ecomics insider fascinated and gravely concerned by the financial environment born in the near-meltdown of 2008. In The Kyoto List , the dollar comes under an attack far greater than the raid by George Soros that famously brought down the British pound in 1992. This is a timely thriller about a race against time to save the seemingly moribund dollar before hostile forces destroy it - and the worldwide financial system that depends on it. Koyama paints an exciting and entertaining expert's portrait of the lawless financial interests that have the power to devastate global ecomies for the sake of a market that measures ethics only in profits.
- Author BiographyMichael S. Koyama is the nom de plume of an economist with degrees from the University of California, Berkeley, and Northwestern University. He recently retired as professor of economics and Asian studies at a major university in the United States where he held an endowed chair. He specialized in macroeconomics, economic institutions, and the Japanese economy. He is also the author of the novel Operation Hard-Landing, which dealt with the Japanese economic bubble.
- Author(s)Michael S. Koyama
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleSeagull World Literature
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Weight774 g
- Width160 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.