All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMice have long been recognized as a valuable tool for investigating the genetic and physiological bases of human diseases such as diabetes, infectious disease, cancer, heart disease, and a wide array of neurological disorders. With the advent of transgenic and other genetic engineering techlogies, the versatility and usefulness of the mouse as a model in biomedical research has soared. As a result, mouse colonies everywhere are expanding, and scientists who previously focused on other models are turning their attention to the mouse. Revised to reflect advances since the first edition, The Laboratory Mouse, Second Edition continues to be the most accessible reference on the biology and care of the laboratory mouse. This guide presents basic information and common procedures in detail to provide a quick reference source for investigators, technicians, and caretakers in the humane care and use of the mouse in the laboratory setting. Expanded, updated, and w in color, this new edition includes coverage of the biological features, husbandry, management, veterinary care, experimental methodology, and resources applying specifically to the mouse.
- Author BiographyPeggy J. Danneman is a Senior Director of Laboratory Animal Health Services at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine. Mark A. Suekow is the Director of the Freimann Life Sciences Center at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana. Cory Brayton is the Director of Phenotyping Core for Johns Hopkins Medicine, Maryland.
- Author(s)Cory Brayton,Mark A. Suckow,Peggy J. Danneman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLaboratory Animal Pocket Reference
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsComb bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.