All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years psychoanalysis -- especially Lacanian theory -- has been gradually ackwledged as a vital resource in the ongoing re-orientation of contemporary political theory and analysis. Of particular te is that the work of Jacques Lacan is increasingly being used by major political philosophers associated with the Left. This indicates the dynamic emergence of a new theoretico-political horizon: that of the 'Lacanian Left'. However, this has yet to be properly conceived and structured as a field. The Lacanian Left is the first book to bring it into academic consciousness and to draw its implications for concrete political analysis in a systematic way. It offers: * An accessible mapping of its main contours. * A detailed examination of the points of convergence and divergence between the major figures active or at the periphery of this terrain, including Slavoj h the central Lacanian tion of 'enjoyment', The Lacanian Left puts forward invative analyses of political power and authority, nationalism, European identity, consumerism and advertising culture, de-democratisation and post-democracy. It will be of value to everyone interested in exploring the potential of psychoanalysis to reinvigorate political theory, critical political analysis and democratic politics.
- Author BiographyYannis Stavrakakis is Associate Professor of Political Science at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and Visiting Fellow at the Centre for Theoretical Studies in the Humanities and the Social Sciences at the University of Essex. He is the author of Lacan and the Political (1999) and co-editor of Discourse Theory and Political Analysis (2000) and Lacan and Science (2002).
- Author(s)Yannis Stavrakakis
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication13/07/2007
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight652 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.