Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionI read-slowly, like sipping a strong liqueur-two or three poems each evening and marvel at the precision, the acuity, and the (rare) blend of warmth and irony. -Amos Oz Hamutal Bar-Yosef writes passionately and wisely about the convergence of historical tragedy and personal suffering. I am a poisoned well, she declares in a prefatory poem, and then dives to the bottom of grief-the death of her brother in Israel's 1948 War of Independence, the suicide of a teenage son-and renders her losses movingly, without a trace of bathos or self-pity. -Grace Schulman Hamutal Bar-Yosef's prizes include the Amichai Prize, the Jerusalem Prize for Poetry, the President of Israel Prize for Poetry. Her collection of poems, Night, Morning, was published by Sheep Meadow. Esther Cameron is the editor of The Deronda Review.
- Author BiographyESTHER CAMERON is the editor of The Deronda Review. HAMUTAL BAR-YOSEF's prizes include the Amichai Prize, the Jerusalem Prize for Poetry, the President of Israel Prize for Poetry. Her collection of poems, Night, Morning, was published by Sheep Meadow.
- Author(s)Hamutal Bar-Yosef
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byEsther Cameron
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.