All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lady in the Painting is the only full-length story written in Chinese for low-intermediate level learners of Chinese as a foreign language. The story is told with vocabulary and structures familiar to students who have completed a basic course in Chinese. Using an inventory of only about 300 Chinese characters, it serves as an excellent transition between the short reading passages that students encounter in a basic level Chinese course and the longer and more demanding passages in subsequent levels. The original edition of the story has been widely used for decades as a supplementary reader in Chinese language classes in the United States. This expanded version-which includes an interactive CD-ROM-makes the story more accessible to learners in a number of ways. * The book is available in simplified characters as well as traditional characters. (The original was available only in traditional characters.) * It includes extensive vocabulary lists, structure tes, and exercises for each chapter. * The CD-ROM provides extensive listening practice by way of sentence-length and paragraph-length readings as well as listening comprehension activities. * The CD-ROM also includes a toggle function that enables readers to switch between traditional and simplified characters at any point in the story.
- Author BiographyClaudia Ross has been teaching Chinese for over 25 years. She is a member of the board of directors of the Chinese Language Teachers Association and has twice served as president of the organization. Jocelyn Ross is currently an associate with the Balloch Group, working primarily on geology-related projects in China.
- Author(s)Claudia Ross,Fred Fang-Yu Wang,Jocelyn Ross
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note46 line
- Weight385 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition StatementExpanded edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.