Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lady of Sudeley was Emma Brocklehurst who in 1847 married John Coucher Dent and spent nearly 50 years of her life as the chatelaine of Sudeley Castle in Gloucestershire. A remarkable woman with wide-ranging interests and prodigious energy Emma Dent devoted herself to the restoration of the Castle and to the people of the nearby Cotsold town of Winchcombe, as well as finding time to amass an amazing collection of artefacts which are w on permanent display at the Castle. With ane eye to posterity she also left a valuable legacy of diaries, letters and papers which Jean Bray has skilfully woven into this story of her life and times from her childhood in Macclesfield to her life at Sudeley. This new edition of the book includes an unique collection of illustrations from the Sudeley Castle archives.
- Author BiographyJean Bray is archivist at Sudeley Castle. She lives in Winchcombe, Gloucestershire.
- Author(s)Jean Bray
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1980
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note32 b&w and 32 colour illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.