All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Luke flung the light of his torch full onto the face of the immobile figure. Then he had the shock of his life. The man had face! Where his face should have been was a sort of inhuman, uniform blank!' When a body is found at an isolated garage, Inspector Meredith is drawn into a complex investigation where every clue leads to ather puzzle: was this a suicide, or something more sinister? Why was the dead man planning to flee the country? And how is this connected to the shady business dealings of the garage? This classic mystery vel is set amidst the stunning scenery of a small village in the Lake District. It is w republished for the first time since the 1930s.
- Author BiographyJohn Bude was the pseudonym of Ernest Elmore (1901 - 1957), who wrote thirty crime novels. Elmore was a co-founder of the Crime Writers' Association, and worked in the theatre as a producer and director.
- Author(s)John Bude
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBritish Library Crime Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Weight318 g
- Width132 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.07Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.