All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionDavid A. Lanegran and Ernest R. Sandeen give us the complete history of the area-from the early Native American villages and pioneering missionaries, through the era of the grand resort and the coming of the streetcars, to the park board's remaking of the lakes and the landscape in 1911. With many vivid photographs and illustrations, the book concludes with historical walking tours of the Lowry Hill, Kenwood, East Lowry Hill, Lake of the Isles, East Calhoun, and Cottage City neighborhoods.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Lanegran is professor and chair of geography at Macalester College. He is the author and coauthor of several books on the history and geography of the Twin Cities, including Grand Avenue: The Renaissance of an Urban Street (1996). Before his death in 1982, Ernest R. Sandeen was the James Wallace Professor of History and codirector of the Living Historical Museum at Macalester College. He served as a member of St. Paul's Historic Preservation Commission and as a partner in Lanegran, Richter, and Sandeen, an architectural preservation, design, and land-use firm.
- Author(s)David A. Lanegran,Ernest R. Sandeen
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight449 g
- Width260 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.