Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionCycling guide to the Lancashire Cycleway - two loops, each 130 miles (225km), which meet at Whalley in the Ribble Valley, rthern England. Lancashire is a great place to cycle, and cycling is a great way to see Lancashire. One of its great delights is its sheer variety. There's easy riding on the flat expanses of the west of the county and the gentle undulations of Arnside and Silverdale or the Ribble Valley. More stirring challenges are found in West Pennine Moors and the epic crossing of the Bowland Fells. But even on the wildest stretches, you're never too far from a welcoming pub and somewhere to sleep. The Cycleway comprises two distinct loops, each around 130 miles (225km) in length, which meet at Whalley in the Ribble valley. Seasoned cycle tourists can comfortably tackle either loop in a weekend, or do the whole thing inside a week. However, access by rail at numerous points means that less experienced cyclists can do it in shorter sections. This book, the first comprehensive guide to the Lancashire Cycleway, gives guidance on how to manage this, as well as a full description of the route, tes on where to find meals and accommodation, and masses of information about places of interest along the way. There is also some helpful advice for those new to cycling or cycle touring.
- Author BiographyJon Sparks is an photographer and writer, based in Lancaster. He has been a lover of cycling, especially in Lancashire, for many years, but researching this book still brought many pleasant surprises, especially in the southern half of the county.
- Author(s)Jon Sparks
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2007
- SubjectCycling Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Weight190 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.