All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the most comprehensive discussion to date of the use of the Lanczos and CG methods for computing eigenvalues and solving linear systems in both exact and floating point arithmetic. The author synthesizes the research done over the past 30 years, describing and explaining the 'average' behavior of these methods and providing new insight into their properties in finite precision. Many examples are given that show significant results obtained by researchers in the field. The author details the mathematical properties of both algorithms and emphasizes how they can be used efficiently in finite precision arithmetic, regardless of the growth of rounding errors that occurs. Loss of orthogonality involved with using the Lanczos algorithm, ways to improve the maximum attainable accuracy of CG computations, and what modifications need to be made when the CG method is used with a preconditioner are addressed.
- Author BiographyGerard Meurant is Director of Research in the military applications division at Commissariat ... l'Energie Atomique (CEA) in Bruyeres le Chatel, France. He is the author of Computer Solution of Large Linear Systems (North-Holland, 1999) and serves on the editorial boards of the International Journal of High Speed Computing and Numerical Algorithms. In 1988 Meurant was awarded the Prix CEA and in 1995 the Palmes Academiques, an honor presented each year by the French Ministry of Education.
- Author(s)Gerard Meurant
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- Series TitleSoftware, Environments and Tools
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 19
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width170 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.