Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage is key to understanding culture, and culture is an essential part of studying language. This reader focuses on the interplay between Language and Intercultural Communication. Reflecting the international nature of the field, this reader covers a wide range of language and cultural contexts: Arabic, Chinese, English (British, American, Australian and South African), Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Samoan and Spanish. Divided into six parts, it covers: Culture, language and thought; Cultural approaches to discourse and pragmatics; Communication patterns across cultures; Teaching and learning cultural variations of language use; Interculturality and Intercultural Communication in professional contexts. With twenty two readings by eminent authorities in the field as well as cutting-edge materials representing current developments, the book explores the breadth and depth of the subject as well as providing an essential overview for both students and researchers. Each part begins with a clear and comprehensive introduction, and is enhanced by discussion questions, study activities and further reading sections. Alongside a comprehensive Resource List, detailing important reference books, journals, organisations and websites and an annotated Glossary of key terms, the final section offers advice on how to carry out research in Language and Intercultural Communication.
- Author BiographyZhu Hua is Reader in Applied Linguistics and Communication, Birkbeck College, University of London, UK. She recently co-edited Language Learning/Teaching as Social (Inter)Action.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note34 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight809 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byZhu Hua
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.