All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Cecilia is hired by Mrs. Woodard, she doesn t expect to find a new life and a link to her own past. Brazilian immigrant to the USA Cecilia is hired by the wealthy seventy-eight year old Elena Woodard to be her fulltime caregiver. Elena gives her journal with her history and her most intimate secrets to Cecilia to translate into English. Inspired by the older woman s story of her life in Brazil, Cecilia tells how she fled Brazil with her mother, crosses the border from Mexico into the United States, and their struggles to survive in the new country as illegal immigrants. When Elena dies, a new future is created for Cecilia. A vel about sacrifice, friendship, love, and the yearning to belong.
- Author BiographyCristiane Lima Scott has been writing since she discovered it as a way to explorer real life through fiction when she was 15 years old. The Language of Belonging is her second novel. Her first book, Todos os Rios se Dirigem Para o Mar, was published in Portuguese only. She was born in the northeast of Brazil.
- Author(s)Cristiane Lima Scott
- PublisherHolland House
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNewbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHolland House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.