All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn effective filmmaker needs to have a good understanding of how film language works, and more importantly, how to actively influence an audience's thoughts and feelings and guide their gaze around the screen. Packed with examples from classic and contemporary cinema, The Language of Film reveals the essential building blocks of film and explains how the screen communicates meaning to its audience. You will learn about fundamental theories and concepts, including film semiotics, narrative structures, ideology, and genre, as well as how elements such as shot size, camera movement, editing technique, and color come together to create the cinematic image. With insightful case studies and discussion questions, dozens of practical tips and exercises, and a new chapter on film sound, this new edition of The Language of Film is a must-have guide for aspiring filmmakers.
- Author BiographyRobert Edgar is a Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing and Film and Television Production at York St John University, UK. John Marland is a Senior Lecturer in Film and Television Production and English Literature at York St John University, UK. Steven Rawle is a Senior Lecturer in Film and Television Production at York St John University, UK.
- Author(s)John Marland,Robert Edgar,Steven Rawle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBasics Filmmaking
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note75 colour illus
- Weight541 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.