All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh is a moving story of hope and forgiveness, and an international bestseller. The Victorians used flowers to express emotions: honeysuckle for devotion, azaleas for passion, and red roses for love. For Victoria Jones, flowers and their meanings are her only connection to the world - although for her, they are most useful in expressing feelings such as grief, mistrust and solitude. After a childhood in the foster care system, Victoria - w eighteen - has where to go, and sleeps in a public park, where she plants a small garden of her own. When her talent is discovered by a local florist, she discovers her gift for helping others through the flowers she chooses for them. But it takes a meeting with a mysterious vendor at the flower market for her to realize what's been missing in her own life. As she starts to fall for him, though, she must confront a painful secret from her past - and decide whether it's worth risking everything for a second chance at happiness.
- Author BiographyVanessa Diffenbaugh was born and raised in northern California. After studying creative writing, she went on to teach art and technology to youth in low-income communities. She and her husband PK have four children: Donovan, Tre'von, Graciela and Miles. Vanessa is also the co-founder of Camellia Network, whose mission is to create a nationwide movement to support youth transitioning from foster care. She and her family live in Monterey, California. The Language of Flowers is Vanessa's first novel. It was published in over forty countries, and was a Sunday Times Top Ten bestseller in the UK. She is also the author of We Never Asked for Wings.
- PrizesLong-listed for International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2012.
- Author(s)Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight314 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.