The Language of Language: A Linguistics Course for Starters by Madalena Cruz-Ferreira, Sunita Anne Abraham (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you've ever wondered why we need concepts like un and verb or word and phrase when discussing language, this book is for you. Deliberately selective in its approach and assuming prior kwledge of linguistics, The Language of Language explores the nature of language and linguists' agreed-upon ways of talking about the object of their inquiry. Our focus is on modes of thinking rather than content kwledge. Our goal is to encourage informed thinking about language matters and why language matters, so that you can continue puzzling about language issues long after you've worked your way through this book and its companion website.
- Author BiographyMadalena Cruz-Ferreira hails from Portugal, and received her PhD from the University of Manchester, UK. She is an independent scholar, with authored and edited publications on multilingualism, child language, phonology, intonation and the language of science. Her blog, Being Multilingual, is featured at AILA (International Association of Applied Linguistics), ASHA (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association), The Linguist List, OEP (Observatoire Europeen du Plurilinguisme), Teaching English (British Council-BBC), TES (Times Educational Supplement) and TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages). Sunita Anne Abraham was born in Penang, Malaysia, and holds a PhD from the University of Birmingham, UK. She is an Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore, a Fellow of the NUS Teaching Academy, and the proud recipient of a dozen teaching awards, including two Outstanding University Educator awards. She serves on several international editorial boards, including the Journal of Second Language Writing and the International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Her research and teaching interests include genre analysis, discourse structure, the language of persuasion, and the relationship between reading, writing and thinking.
- Author(s)Madalena Cruz-Ferreira,Sunita Anne Abraham
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.