Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionMany of us never get beyond an immature understanding of prayer, using it chiefly as a means of reminding God what we'd like, or as a panic button in an emergency. There is thing intrinsically wrong with this, but it doesn't begin to scratch the surface of what the poet George Herbert described as 'a land of spices' to be explored. Here, writers from across the Christian centuries share their timeless insights into prayer. Grouped into seven sections of: Awareness; Exploration; Passion; Pain, Patience; Companionship; and, Abandonment. It richly illustrates Dorothy Soelle's maxim that prayer is indeed a 'language of love'. The writers include Thomas Merton, Dostoevsky, RS Thomas, Rowan Williams, Augustine, Basil Hume, Paul Tillich, Julian of Norwich and many more.
- Author BiographyJOHN MOSES was Dean of St Paul's Cathedral until his retirement in 2006. He is the author of The Desert and One Equall Light.
- Author(s)John Moses
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication29/08/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight14 g
- Width120 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine236 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.