Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives a linguistic overview of the first eight centuries of English poetry - years which produced such key works as Beowulf, Layaman's Brut and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. It begins with chapters on the social and literary context, before turning in more detail to subjects such as poetic diction, rhymed and alliterative verse, borrowed words, recurrent phrases, rhetoric and linguistic variety. Aimed at the beginning student and general reader, the book seeks to enhance appreciation and enjoyment by making the linguistic resources of the poets better understood.
- Author(s)G.A. Lester
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/04/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLanguage of Literature S.
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight251 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.