All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction to the art of decorative patterning, of equal value to craftworkers, collectors and students of art history. Trilling analyzes the historical importance of ornament across the world, whether in the monumental architecture of Mycenean Greece or the inlaid vessels of Zhou Dynasty China, in the bronze mirrors of early Celtic Britain, or the carved and woven ornament of Native Americans. An impressive variety of ornament from the paleolithic age to the present day enables the reader to appreciate both its inherent form and beauty. Individual styles and patterns are traced through their evolution and interaction between cultures through trade, conquest and religious influences.
- Author BiographyJames Trilling taught at the Rhode Island School of Design before he became a fulltime independent scholar. He is the author Ornament: A Modern Perspective has written extensively on Byzantine art.
- Author(s)James Trilling
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleWorld of Art S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note246 illustrations, 68 in colour
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.