All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage is the medium of business. To be successful, we need to communicate effectively in writing. That's true whether we are providing instructions to our colleagues, communicating with our customers, or advising our direct reports. We must be able to deliver clear, accurate messages that inform, persuade and motivate. Unfortunately, people lapse into habits that interfere with their ability to communicate. The Language of Success shows readers how to avoid these mistakes, and to write lucid, concise, and accurate e-mails, letters, performance appraisals, and presentations.Now anyone can master the lost art of clear writing and: eliminate ambiguities, jargon and grandiose claims; master proper paragraph structure so the message doesn't get muddled; avoid wishy-washy or misleading terms like 'world class' or 'state of the art' write clear concise sentences that follow the 'first time right rule'; use e-mail professionally; and, efficiently create career-enhancing reports. Honest and authoritative, The Language of Success will gives readers practical techniques to help readers cut through the fluff, guff, geek, and hyperbole, write exceptional business documents, and get their message heard.
- Author BiographyTom Sant (San Luis Obispo, CA) is the Co-Founder of Hyde Park Partners, a consulting company that specializes in improving sales processes and messages. He has worked with major corporations around the world, including AT&T, HSBC, Booz Allen and Microsoft. He is the author of Persuasive Business Proposals (978-0-8144-7153-1) and The Giants of Sales (978-0-8144-7291-0).
- Author(s)Tom Sant
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date27/11/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight356 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.