Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn holiday in Saltbottle, Grandfather and Roo discover the Unsinkable, the boat which took them to the North Pole in the first book, lying in a sadly dilapidated state and up for sale. At the auction, the short-sighted auctioneer accidentally sellsthe boat to Roo - sold to the old lady in the brown fur coat! Now they have to find the money and the Captain suggests a fishing trip to the Great Cod Banks in the Forgotten Sea. Off they go, but the trip ends in disaster when the boat sinks and Grandfather and Roo are cast away on a desert island. They find their own Man Friday (called Tuesday) but he turns out to be a film director staying in a luxury hotel. Meanwhile, the Captain has found the treasure and rescued the Unsinkable.
- Author BiographyHarry Horse was born in Coventry. He wrote and illustrated several children's books - including THE OGOPOGO, which won the Scottish Arts Council Writers' Award. He was well-known as a political cartoonist and produced cartoons for the New Yorker, The Guardian, Scotland on Sunday and The Scotsman. Harry died in 2007.
- Author(s)Harry Horse
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteb&w line drawings
- Weight74 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Harry Horse
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age9+
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.25
- AU $7.83Trending at AU $8.38
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.