Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionDeath strikes England's foremost velist, his latest tale only half told. Was he murdered because someone feared a ruius revelation? Or was he repaid in deadly coin for some past misdeed? Set in the Kent countryside and London slums of 1870, 'The Last Chapter' embeds an original deuement to the most celebrated, unsolved mystery in fiction within the evolving and ultimately tragic consequences of the author's double life. Believing Charles Dickens was poisoned to prevent him completing 'The Mystery of Edwin Drood', Dunston Burnett, the author's nephew, scours the half-finished manuscript in search of pointers as to how the story might unfold and whom it might threaten. Kwing the writer's methods better than anyone, he eventually figures out the intended ending -- a chilling, prison-cell confession. Better yet, he recognizes the real-life counterpart behind the damning portrait of the villain. But has he found the killer? A second murder opens the literary sleuth's eyes to the real confession in the last chapter -- the author's disclosure of his own shameful secret. Armed with this new insight, Dunston follows a series of tenuous clues across London until finally tracking down the guilty party. A satisfactory outcome, it would seem, except for one tiny detail -- the nephew still hasn't come anywhere near the full truth behind his uncle's murder.
- Author BiographyLyn Squire has authored some of the most boring books in economics. He now writes mysteries for fun. A resident of Springfield, Virginia, his pastimes include reading, dog-walking, and recovering from rotator cuff surgery (otherwise tennis).
- Author(s)Professor Lyn Squire
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.