All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionOn Aug. 14, 1975, eight daring thieves ransacked 148 massive safe-deposit boxes at a secret bank used by organized crime, La Cosa Nostra, and its associates in Providence, R.I. The crooks fled with duffle bags crammed full of cash, gold, silver, stamps, coins, jewels and high-end jewelry. The true value of the loot has always been kept secret, partly because it was ill-gotten to begin with, and partly because there was plenty of incentive to keep its true worth out of the limelight. It's one thing for authorities to admit they didn't find a trace of goods worth from $3 million to $4 million, and entirely ather when what was at stake was more accurately valued at about $30 million, the equivalent of $120 million today. It was the biggest single payday in the criminal history of the Northeast. Nobody came close, t the infamous James Whitey Bulger, t John The Dapper Don Gotti, t even the Brinks or Wells Fargo robbers. The heist was bold eugh and big eugh to rock the underworld to its core, and it left La Cosa Nostra in the region awash in turmoil that still reverberates more than forty years later. Last Good Heist is the inside story of the robbery and its aftermath.
- Author BiographyTim White is a prize-winning investigative reporter for WPRI-TV, the CBS affiliate in Providence; Randall Richard is a former investigative reporter and international correspondent for the Providence Journal and national reporter at the Associated Press, and Wayne Worcester is a former reporter and editor at the Providence Journal, novelist, essayist and now a journalism professor at the University of Connecticut.
- Author(s)Tim White,Wayne Worcester
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Note19 colour illustrations
- Weight24 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.