All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe genius of this book is that, for all its historical accuracy and sophistication, it still tells a story as stirring as any western. The Sunday Times A book I've been reading with ermous pleasure. Simon Hoggart, The Guardian On the afteron of 26 October 1881, in a vacant lot in Tombstone, Arizona, a confrontation between eight armed men erupted in a deadly shootout. The gunfight at the O.K. Corral shaped how future generations came to view the old West. Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and the Clantons became the stuff of legends, but the truth is even better. As The Last Gunfight makes clear, the real story of the O.K. Corral and the West is far different from what we've been led to believe by countless Westerns. Drawing on new material from private collections, including diaries, letters, and Wyatt Earp's own hand-drawn sketch of the shootout's conclusion, as well as documentary research in Tombstone and Arizona archives and dozens of interviews, Jeff Guinn gives us a startlingly different and far more fascinating picture of what the West was like.
- Author BiographyJEFF GUINN is the bestselling author of the three books in The Christmas Chronicles. He is an awardwinning journalist and writer.
- Author(s)Jeff Guinn
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports
- Width136 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.