All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.64Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionA darkly funny, tragic, and ultimately heroic vel set in 1930s Russia, The Last Hiccup is the story of Vladimir, an eight-year-old boy stricken with a case of the hiccups -- that lasts over a decade. Put through a series of extraordinary, often bizarre treatments by a famous physician, Sergei Namestikov, Vlad is spirited away from his rural home and doting mother to a hospital in Moscow. But Sergei's chief medical rival, the brilliant Alexander Afinigav, believes that beneath Vladimir's mirror-less eyes lurks a pure, unbridled evil, and Vlad is removed from polite society. Isolated from everyone and everything -- save his hiccups -- Vladimir grows up to find inner peace among the hiccupping. On his way back into the world he once knew, through a country w in the midst of war, he encounters many strange people and situations, and worries about what would happen to him should a cure for his w-comforting affliction be found.
- Author BiographyChristopher Meades is the author of The Three Fates of Henrik Nordmark and the short story The Walking Lady, which was awarded the Toyon Fiction Prize. He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Christopher Meades
- PublisherECW Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.