Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe socialist state is in crisis, the shops are empty and old Bucharest vanishes daily under the onslaught of Ceaucescu's demolition gangs. Paraia is pervasive and secret service men lurk in the shadows. In The Last 100 Days, Patrick McGuinness creates an absorbing sense of time and place as the city struggles to survive this intense moment in history. He evokes a world of extremity and ravaged beauty from the viewpoint of an outsider uncomfortably, and often dangerously, close to the eye of the storm as the regime of 1980s Romania crumbles to a bloody end.
- Author BiographyA professor of French and Comparative Literature at Oxford University and a Fellow of St Anne's College where he has taught since 1998. He lives in North West Wales. Carcanet publishes his poetry and he has won an Eric Gregory Award, the American Poetry Foundation Levinson Prize in 2003 and Poetry Business Prize in 2006.
- PrizesShortlisted for Costa First Novel Award 2011 and Authors' Club Best First Novel Award 2012.
- Author(s)Patrick McGuinness
- PublisherPoetry Wales Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBridgend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.