All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSenguei Ngaro, which means the lion's roar, is a traditional martial art that was born in the Kham region of Tibet and was secretly handed down by its lineage of warrior monks from the fifteenth century until 1956, when Chinese soldiers destroyed the monastery and massacred all the monks. The superior of the monastery, Lama Bui, survived and fled to the West where he taught it to Lama Tra, the teacher of the author of this book. Today Yogi Tchouzar Pa is the keeper and guardian of this almost vanished tradition. Senguei Ngaro consists of a series of 86 movements and 10 techniques inspired by animal behaviour. It offers both a formidable art of combat and, when combined with its advanced meditation on the ultimate nature of spirituality, a means of spiritual advancement. In THE LAST LAMA WARRIOR, Yogi Tchouzar Pa provides for the first time in English a fully illustrated and detailed explanation of these postures and their purpose as well as the spiritual principles and traditions on which they are founded. As Yogi Tchouzar Pa explains, it is only by practicing the physical forms that the depth of the spiritual principles can be understood. * Written by the last holder of the Senguei Ngaro to receive this teaching from its last surviving master * Reveals the postures, rules, and teachings of this martial art rooted in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition
- Author BiographyYogi Tchouzar Pa is the last holder of the lineage who received all the teachings of Senguei Ngaro from its last surviving master, Lama Tra. Yogi Pa teaches throughout the world and directs a number of martial arts training centres in France that specialize in Senguei Ngaro. He lives in France.
- Author(s)Yogi Tchouzar Pa
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication30/06/2009
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Content Note16 page col ills and 19 b & w ills
- Weight450 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.