Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a prom night date rape leads to pregnancy, seventeen-year-old Jane is forced to marry her attacker and grow up too soon. In her new life, she must learn how to straddle the gap between the life she once imagined for herself and her new reality. After the marriage predictably fails, she is determined to become something more than just ather teen-mom statistic. She longs to complete her education, achieve financial stability and create a secure life for herself and her two small children. However, she soon learns that in the late nineteen-sixties, the world-and her own life-are in turmoil and there is security for anyone. Swept up in the whirlwind of rapid social change, Jane embraces the women's liberation movement, anti-war activism and life on a commune where she hopes to live in a world of peace and love. With resilience and determination as she strives to make sense of the world around her, she overcomes daunting obstacles and finally begins to see her dreams come true. In The Last Laugh, author Jane Driskell Fairchild explores the lifelong aftermath of teen pregnancy while delivering an inspiring message that teen moms can find success and happiness in the face of seemingly overwhelming odds.
- Author(s)Jane Driskell Fairchild
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.