The Last Layer: New Methods in Digital Printing for Photography, Fine Art, and Mixed Media by Bonny Pierce Lhotka (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.45+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Last Layer-the follow-up to Digital Alchemy, her successful book on alternative printmaking techniques-Bonny Lhotka teaches how to make prints that take their inspiration from early printmaking processes. In this book, Lhotka shows readers step-by-step how to create modern-day versions of anthotypes, cyatypes, tintypes, and daguerreotypes as well as platinum and carbon prints. She also reinvents the photogravure and Polaroid transfer processes and explores and explains groundbreaking techniques for combining digital images with traditional motype, collograph, and etching press prints. By applying these classic techniques to modern images, readers will be able to recreate the look of historical printmaking techniques and explore the limits of their creative voice. Best of all, the only equipment required is a desktop inkjet printer that uses pigment inks, and a handful of readily available materials and supplies-t the toxic chemicals once required to perform these very same processes. Leveraging her training as a traditional painter and printmaker, Bonny Lhotka brings new invations and inventions that combine the best of centuries of printmaking technique with modern techlogy to create unique works of art and photography. After years of experimentation and development, these new processes allow alternative photographers, traditional printer makers, and 21st century digital artists to express their creative voice in ways never before possible.
- Author BiographyAn inventor and innovator, Bonny Pierce Lhotka is a co-founder of the digital artist collaborative, Digital Atelier, whose members research and develop techniques to leverage digital imaging in fine art application. Lhotka organized Digital Atelier: A printmaking studio for the 21st century at the Smithsonian American Art Museum where she was an Artist-in-Residence for three weeks. She is a recipient of the Smithsonian/Computerworld Technology in the Arts Award and is the producer of educational DVDs from Digital Art Studio Seminars. Lhotka is the author of Digital Alchemy: Printmaking techniques for fine art, photography, and mixed media.
- Author(s)Bonny Pierce Lhotka
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Riders Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight905 g
- Width205 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.