Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Last Life tells the story of the teenage Sagesse LaBasse and her family, French Algerian emigrants haunted by their history, brought to the brink of destruction by a single reckless act. Observed with a fifteen-year-old's ruthless regard for truth, it is a vel about secrets and ghosts, love and hour, the stories we tell ourselves and the lies to which we cling. It is a work of stunning emotional power, written in prose of matchless iridescence and grace. 'Powerful, Gripping, dark at its heart, this is an almost faultless vel - Evening Standard . A joy to read. Messud's prose is lush, incantatory ...her observations are funnily astute, brimming with wit and imagination ...as elegant and precise as geometry - Independent . Mesmerizing ...Ms Messud has written a large and resonant vel that is as artful as it is affecting - New York Times .
- Author BiographyClaire Messud was born in the United States in 1966. She was educated at Yale and Cambridge. She is the author of When The World Was Steady , which was a finalist for the PEN/Faulkner Award, The Hunters and The Last Life, which won the Encore Prize.
- PrizesShortlisted for Encore Award 1999.
- Author(s)Claire Messud
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/06/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight250 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest Age16
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.