All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe Last Miles is the first book to center exclusively on the music Miles Davis made in the last decade of his life. Author George Cole spotlights the final period of Davis' career, when Davis emerged from a five-year hiatus. The focus is on the music Davis recorded and played and how it evolved in the eyes of the musicians with whom he played. Thousands of new facts are uncovered, including a lost Miles Davis album, how Miles got into hip-hop, and how he worked in the studio and on stage. Cole devotes at least one chapter to each album Davis recorded during this period, and the full track-by-track descriptions contain the stories behind the songs. Sure to satisfy the most serious Miles Davis fans, The Last Miles offers nearly 100 interviews with some of Davis' closest associates and musical friends, including Paul Buckmaster, George Duke, Chaka Khan, Branford Marsalis, Easy Mo Bee, Steve Porcaro, Wallace Roney, David Sanborn, and many more, as well as interviews with thirty-one of the thirty-six band members Miles had in this period, including Bob Berg, Robben Ford, Darryl Jones, Marcus Miller, John Scofield, and Mike Stern, among others. In addition, the book includes new photos of Miles, a discography, details of unreleased material, Davis' guest recordings, soundtrack recordings, tribute albums, artists who covered Davis' 1980s music, compilations, and more.
- Author BiographyGeorge Cole was educated at Homerton College, University of Cambridge. He is a freelance music and technology journalist whose work has appeared in Music Week, Jazzwise, Financial Times, Sunday Times, Newsweek, Guardian, and other publications.
- Author(s)George Cole
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleJazz Perspectives
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note36 glossy black & white photographs
- Weight921 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.