All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Last Monk of Tibhirine is the story of the Cistercian monk Jean-Pierre Schumacher, the last surviving member of a monastic community kidnapped and killed in Algeria. On the night of March 26, 1996, seven monks from the monastery Notre-Dame de l'Atlas of Tibhirine were kidnapped. Only two members of the community, Brother Jean-Pierre and Brother Amedee (since deceased) had the chance to escape. They did; and today Brother Jean-Pierre lives alone devoted to prayer and unconditional love and welcome. Author Freddy Derwahl was struck by the faith of Jean-Pierre and the book recounts his childhood in Lorraine through years of World War and recalls lost friends and brothers. Derwahl enlightens and illuminates the words of Jean-Pierre, and the profound witness of his brother monks.
- Author BiographyFreddy Derwahl is a German journalist and author. He studied at Louvain, Aachen, and Paris and is the author of many books. This is his first to be translated into English.
- Author(s)Freddy Derwahl
- PublisherParaclete Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOrleans, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParaclete Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.