All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a quiet coastal village, Irina spends her days restoring furniture, passing the time in peace and hiding away from the world. A family secret, long held and never discussed, casts a dark shadow and Irina chooses to withdraw into her work. When an antique bureau is sent to her workshop, the owner anymous, Irina senses a history to the object that makes her uneasy. As Irina begins to investigate the origins of the piece, she unearths the secrets it holds within...Decades earlier in the 1950s, ather young woman kept secrets. Her name was Abigail. Over the course of one summer, she fell in love, and dreamed of the future. But Abigail could t kw that a catastrophe loomed, and this event would change the course of many lives for ever...
- Author BiographyCesca Major read history at Bristol University. She went on to work in television before becoming a history teacher. In 2005 she was runner-up in the Daily Mail Writing Competition for the best opening paragraph to a novel and had a short story published in the Sentinel Literary Magazine. She has written regularly for the website www.novelicious.com and films writing videos for www.writersandartists.com. She currently works as a housemistress at a boarding school in Berkshire.
- Author(s)Cesca Major
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight594 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.