All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionTravelling forty thousand miles and inspiring love and despair in equal measure, Lt. Minter Dials lost Annapolis ring altered the lives of many -- t just those who gazed upon its blue stone. The spellbinding account of one mans obsession with a family mystery -- and the product of decades of research and inquiries this book explores author Minter Dials pursuit of the true story of his namesake, his late grandfather Lieutenant Minter Dial, USN, a celebrated war hero whose suffering and trauma nearly buried his memory forever. A prisoner of the Japanese in the Philippines after the fall of Bataan and Corregidor, Lieutenant Dial discovered the cruellest meaning of the Bushido code. Moments before he was killed, he gave his treasured Naval Academy ring to a friend. In the ensuing chaos, it disappeared. Armed with a passion for history and a desire to uncover his grandfathers legacy, Dials epic quest for the ring transports him to prisoner-of-war memorials and ex-POW conventions, military and press archives, and the homes of those affected by the Second World War across the world. Sweeping as far back as the American Civil War, the book combines rigorous research with more than one hundred interviews with experts, survivors, and descendants of the Greatest Generation to tell the powerful story of American prisoners of war in the Pacific.
- Author BiographyMinter Dial is a professional speaker, history fanatic, and president and founder of The Myndset Company, a strategic firm providing digital and brand consulting to clients including Orange, Kering Group, Samsung, and LOre'al. Alumni of Eton College, he received his BA in Trilingual Literature from Yale University and earned his MBA at INSEAD (Fontainebleau).
- Author(s)Minter Dial
- PublisherMyndset Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMyndset Press
- Weight440 g
- Width145 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.