All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionThey say I am the last of them alive; they say I am the last Roundhead. Ancestor to Colonel Blimp, Sir Blandford Candy is an irascible old drunk with a hatred of poets and a love of hats. After an argument with his new neighbour Alexander Pope, he looks back on his life and the start of the Civil War.Young Blandford sets off for London following an illicit affair with his brother's betrothed and joins the army to fight the King, taking part in the battles of Edgehill and Turnham Green.As he bounces from battlefield to bedroom, Blandford unmasks Cavalier plots, earns the enmity of the King's agents and uncovers an attempt to steal thousands. All whilst dealing with murderous brothers, scheming sisters and puritan displeasure. Flashman meets the Three Musketeers in a picaresque romp through Stuart England at its nadir.
- Author BiographyJemahl Evans graduated with an MA in History, focussing on poetry and propaganda during the Wars of the Roses, and started writing The Last Roundhead in 2013 which was well received on the British Arts Council site YouWriteOn and Harper Collins Authonomy. Jemahl now spends his time teaching, reading history, listening to the Delta Blues, walking his border collie, and whining on Twitter about the government.
- Author(s)Jemahl Evans
- PublisherHolland House
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNewbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCaerus Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.