All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b> A third collection from a poet whose beautiful sentences weave the miraculous and mundane into a single, lumius tapestry (<i>The Atlanta Journal-Constitution</i>) </b> Barbara has won acclaim for fluid and graceful poems that touch on the small occurrences and mysteries of daily life in the hopes of finding the secret meaning beneath them. Both intimate and wide ranging, her work is unafraid of big subjects and big feelings, and sometimes comedic. Her third collection, <i>The Last Skin</i>, extends and develops these qualities, offering landscapes and characters both domestic and exotic, in poignant personal lyrics of precise description that investigate beauty, grief, death, fragility, time, and loss. Here is a poet engaged with the spirit as well as the political, blending the give and take of the world into her own ecstatic rhythms.
- Author BiographyBarbara Ras s first book of poems, <i>Bite Every Sorrow</i>, won the Walt Whitman Award in 1997 and the Kate Tufts Discovery Award. She is currently the director of the Trinity University Press in San Antonio.
- Author(s)Barbara Ras
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePenguin Poets
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight113 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.