All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionDoes for PTSD what Slaughterhouse 5 did for survivor guilt. - Robert Morace. Returning from active service in Afghanistan, Archie's life has fallen apart. Suffering from severe PTSD, he's lost his job and his family and w he's on the streets - desperately trying to cope in a hostile, austerity-strapped world that doesn't understand the horror of war and the devastating effect it has on the mind. Archie has a chance to rebuild his life with his new exercise class, ironically called 'Slim for Jesus', until a friend goes missing and Archie, being the 'local nut job', is the prime suspect. This unforgettable book offers an utterly convincing (and often frightening) take on contemporary life, from the dislocated viewpoint of someone whose life is unravelling. With a dazzling portrayal of a deeply troubled man, this vel gets to the true nub of a condition often talked about but rarely considered in any great depth.
- Author BiographyVictoria Hendry's absorbing first novel, A Capital Union, explored the intriguing topic of Scottish nationalism during World War II. Published to considerable critical acclaim, it was shortlisted for the prestigious Historical Writers' Association Debut Crown in 2014. Victoria has an MSc in Creative Writing from Edinburgh University and was shortlisted for the Society of Women Writers and Journalists International Life Writing Prize in 2012.
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.