All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $15.41Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionEdwin Newsome was pretty worried about his brother's health - so worried that he hired Glenn Bowman to work his way into Harold Newsome's household to do some ufficial sleuthing. Harold was suffering from an obscure sickness, and though he's recently married a pretty girl much younger than him, Edwin didn't think it was just blonde fever!In fact, he suspects that the lovely Moira is taking a short-cut to wealthy widowhood by putting poison in her husband's food. Bowman's first step forward brings him up against a corpse, and even he can't make a dead man talk.This is only the beginning of a dramatic case that takes Bowman down a dark and slippery road to a startling deument.There are some mysterious undercurrents beneath the surface involving family and staff alike, leading to a conclusion much more sinister than a scheming wife after her husband's money...
- Author BiographyLeo Ognall (1908-1979), who wrote several novels under the pseudonyms Harry Carmichael and Hartley Howard, was born in Montreal and worked as a journalist before starting his fiction career. He wrote over ninety novels before his death in 1979. Harry Carmichael's primary series, written from 1952-1978, The Piper and Quinn series included characters such as John Piper (an insurance assessor) and Quinn, a crime reporter. His other works include: The Glenn Bowman series, 1951-1979; The Philip Scott series, 1964-1967.
- Author(s)Hartley Howard
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Reader
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.