Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionYou are invited to share in a family's last walk on their block. An unexpected family reunion leads three brothers and their sister back home. Traveling from all parts of the USA, they soon find themselves once again walking the block of their Long Island upbringing. They take steps back to their past in a moving and touching journey in time that takes them from the 1950's through to the 1960's and beyond. Revisiting their roots, upbringing and past they reconnect with their long gone childhood years, recapturing moments of their Dad's missing memory due to his long lost battle with Alzheimers. Their stroll is filled with lovingly shared adventures, wholesome family values, inspiring neighborly virtues, motherly love and fatherly guidance. Set in the 50's and 60's in a most restful village in middle America, true life comes vividly back to reality in this awe-inspiring path to the past. Personal, humorous, and charming neighborhood reflections based on motivating and enlivened homespun memories line their journey. A time long gone by comes roaring back to life in this personal reflection! Join The Last Walk on Our Block and relive your own memories of life as we all knew it.
- Author BiographyRon Baumbach is a Long Island, NY USA native who has been most enriched in his life. He proudly carries his wealth in his wallet in the form of his most cherished family photos. Ron has been a writer of family, personal and moral poetry since the 1970's. While he certainly has a love for the written word, he is more impressed over the meanings and thoughts that go into the cause and effect of it. His love of 'story telling' strives to always find a positive purpose and end result. Professionally, over the past four decades, Ron has built a most formidable career by specializing in developing and enhancing strong, multi-faceted global customer relationships. His global experience includes serving as Global Account Director, Healthcare and Director of International Fashion. Ron has been most fortunate to have been lucky in love and in life. Among numerous awards, he has been selected to Who's Who in American Business, Who's Who in International Trade, the International Who's Who of Professionals, selected as the Our Lady of Mercy Parish Rockville Centre Diocesan Youth Role Model and was the Recipient of their First Annual 'Bud Harrelson' Coaches Award recognizing his many years of dedication to his parishes CYO Youth Sports Programs. Ron is a graduate of Cross Street Kindergarten, St. Aidan's Grammar School, St. Mary's High School and Marist College, where he got his kicks managing the College Radio Station and writing papers on a Royal Typewriter, without the benefit of whiteout! Ron's greatest achievement in life is finding loving marital bliss with his wife of more than 35 years. Along with their four children, daughters in law and grandchildren, he happily gets to feed his passion for writing, photography and pondering by admiring the beautiful world that surrounds him.
- Author(s)Ron Baumbach
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.