All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSoon to be a feature film, THE LATE BLOOMER is the revealing, harrowing and, often funny, memoir of a celebrity journalist and former hotshot hockey player who discovers that he has been biochemically infused with a female hormone. On the surface, Ken Baker seemed a model man. He was a nationally ranked hockey goalie, a Hollywood correspondent for People, a guest at celebrity parties and girls came on to him. Inside, though, he didn't feel like the man he was supposed to be. Although attracted to women, Ken had little sex drive and, thus, even less of a sex life. To his anguish, he repeatedly found himself unable to perform sexually. And, regardless of strenuous workouts, his body struggled to build muscle, earning him the nickname Pear from his macho teammates. Physically, matters turned bizarre when he discovered that he was lactating. The testosterone-driven culture in which Ken grew up made it agonisingly difficult for him to seek help. But, in time, he discovered something that lifted years of pain, frustration and confusion - a brain tumour was causing his body to be flooded with massive amounts of a female hormone, which was disabling his masculinity. Five hours of surgery accomplished what years of therapy, rumination and denial could t - and allowed Ken Baker to finally feel - and function - like a man. Now Ken's story comes to the screen in the feature film, The Late Bloomer, starring Academy Award-winner for his role in Whiplash, J.K. Simmons and Jane Lynch.
- Author BiographyKen Baker is an award-winning author and journalist currently serving as Senior Correspondent for E! News and E! Online. He lives in the Los Angeles with his family.
- Author(s)Ken Baker
- PublisherJ.P.Tarcher,U.S./Perigee Bks.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintJ.P.Tarcher,U.S./Perigee Bks.,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.