All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Fredrick Lister examines security confederations of the modern eras; America's confederal union during the winning of the Revolutionary War; Switzerland's in post-Napoleonic Europe; and Germany's during the turbulence of the Austro-Prussian Confrontation whose outcome transformed the European political scene. Lister concludes with an evaluation of the possibility that confederal-type ties might one day serve as a basis for global union. After setting forth the nature of confederal-type governance, Lister provides three case studies that follow on the evolution of confederal political institutions in the United States, Switzerland, and Germany. Each section ends with a series of conclusions on the confederation examined. A thorough examination of a long-neglected subject that will be of interest to scholars, students, and researchers involved with world government and international relations.
- Author BiographyFREDERICK K. LISTER is a retired UN official, with 34 years of service in the United Nations Secretariat. He was long involved in coordinating the many interlocking activities of the UN and its numerous specialized agencies, such as the World Health Organization, the International Atomic Energy Agency, and the World Bank. He has since been involved in research on international co-operation as a senior research fellow of the Ralph Bunch Institute of the City University of New York. Among his earlier publications are The European Union, The United Nations, and the Revival of Confederal Governance (Greenwood Press, 1996) and the companion volume The Early Security Conferations: From Ancient Greece to the United Colonies of New England (Greenwood Press, 1999).
- Author(s)Frederick K. Lister
- Date of Publication28/02/2001
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 391
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.